Altec Lansing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have these old speakers from Altec Lansing, model ADA-305, now problem is i turn on my comp one day and i have no "Multimedia audio controler" driver, nor can I find one anywhere on the ungodly internet, so my bind is as is...please help. Not having speakers is like havin a comp with no keyboard...not working!
Thx
Bella

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

Which operating system do you have?

ADA-305 had drivers only for Win95/98. There is no audio management software for Win2k / XP. However, according to some sites, they work without USB, just no 'surround' effects then.

User Reviews - Altec Lansing ADA 305
Well, I actually have the ALtec Lansing 495's, simply a renaming of the 305's when purchased with a Dell system. But other than that they're identical. Pretty good 3 piece system, biggest problem as others have stated is there's no software support for WinXP, however here's the best fix I've found. If using WinXP with these speakers, unplug the USB cable, there's no use for it. With it unplugged however, you can then adjust the different signals using the speaker's buttons. if your speakers are stuck in stereo mode as indicated by the yellow light, hold the center channel button for 3 seconds, this will change the mode to prologic. You can then Choose Center/Surround/Sub with their corresponding buttons and then adjust their levels with the dial. This all only works with the USB cable unplugged, or the computer turned off, so best to just free up that USB port until Altec Lansing gets off they're lazy a$$'s and makes some XP compatible software.

I have win XP professional, but now from reading your replys there is no hope, I will try what u guys said and ty for your help:grinthumb
Thx Bella

you don't need the driver software

To countrol the surround sound features on these speakers just hold down the "center" button for a about 5 seconds, then the light will change from amber to a green color. Now, just press either center or surround and you can control their volumes.

I've had these speakers for 6 years and they still sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back