AltecLansing model 251+SB Audigy 2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamBlacky

Hey folks,
I just bought the SB Audigy 2 card for my Altec Lansing Model 251 speakers last night:

altec_lansing_251.jpg

And I've been trying to figure out how to get these hooked up right for a while now.I've got the card installed and all the latest drivers from SB's site..I'm just not sure I pysically have the speakers plugged into the card correctly.The speaker system is 4 satallites,1 middle,and subwoofer.Everything plugs into the subwoofer and then there's 3 cords(black,green,yellow) going out to the soundcard.My old sound card was color coded,so it was easy to know where to plug everything in.The sb Audigy 2 is not color coded:

DSC00933.jpg

It just labels the ports as (from left to right,and minus the large one) :

(1)Digital out
(2)Line in
(3)Mic in
(4)Line out 1
(5)Line out 2
(6)Line out 3

Here's a pic of how I have my cables plugged in:

sback.jpg

Do I have it plugged in right?The sound is kinda messed up.I just want to make sure I have everything plugged in right so I can rule that out,and mess with all this software and configure it right.I have a little static coming from the left and right rear speakers when I'm idle....pretty anoying.I've been messing around with switching cables around and digging around Google groups for hours now trying to figure this one out.

Sorry if I sound like an *****.I'm just used to color coded plug and play type of soundcards.

*A little update*

For instance,when I run the Speaker Settings utility,like in the pic below,and hit the channel button,the middle speaker doesn't make sound,the rear right makes a muffled noise,and the left rear does nothing also:

speaks.jpg

But games are using all speakers,and also music.Just doesn't sound too good.Which makes me think maybe it's not plugged in properly or something......

correct Audigy2 - Altec 251 cable settings

I'm having problems getting the correct cable setup as the color coding doesn't match...
help???:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back