Am I Being Ripped Off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I Need Some Advice On A Pc That I Have Built. In My Opinion It Beats Many Of The Pc's That Are Out On The Market Right Now I Am Trying To Sell This Pc, And The Offers The I Got Were Not As High As I Expected.
I Need "anyones" Opinion On How Much This Pc Could Be Sold For.
Or How Much you Would Buy It For

Here Are Some Information About The Computer

Intel Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz
60 Gb Hard Drive
1 Gb Ram
64 Mb Video Card
Dvd/cd-rw Drive
Windows Xp Home Edition
17 Inch Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard.

omarh1688 said:
Intel Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz

60 Gb Hard Drive

64 Mb Video Card

THose really are your weak parts. that CPU is much to underpowered, the HD is small...and a gamer (if thats who the rig is being pitched to) will not go for a 64MB Gfx card. (if its being sold as a home PC that really isnt a problem)
Also what brand are these parts? Name brand or Generic/OEM?

My last question is 17 Inch Monitor is that a CRT or LCD?

Sean

Omarh1688

this message is an addition to my original post, i dont know how to make attachments to the threads.

ANYWAY.................The pc is not intended to be a gaming computer, as i was searching for parts for the pc i wanted it to be computer that can handle everyday programs like (internet, Office, Word, music files video etc.)
I am not sure if this pc is considered a high end pc. but i just needed to know a ball park figure on how much you think i could get for it....AND ALSO i would like a suggestion on any site where i can sell it..besides eBay.
The monitor not an LCD.

Thank You Very Much

omarh1688 said:
I am not sure if this pc is considered a high end pc.
I think most would consider this a low end PC.

Many "value" PCs (i.e. lowest end) offered by major manufacturers offer more than yours and they include some software other than just the operating system which makes theirs useful right off the bat. They also offer a warranty and maybe some tech service. If you don't, that would cut the value of yours further. It's not clear to me if it's brand new or if you've used it for a couple of years. You just say you built it.

Without knowing the brand and model of ALL the components you listed (and you omitted the motherboard, power supply and case) or anything about sound (like onboard sound or soundcard) or USB ports or modem and the like, I would never buy such a unknown PC even if I wanted such a low end one. For those who might, I don't see them risking much money for it.

I have to agree

tuppymahar said:
Sorry if i disappoint you! To say dollar worth, from 150-200 due to some hot deals around for parts.
I completley agree.
I sell systems for the same purposes:
P4 2.4ghz celerons
shuttle MoBo (on board sound and lan)
128 msi agp
80g HDD
512ddr
dvd rom/cdrw
psu 350w
15" crt
any OS
Microsoft works
Parts=some used and some new.
My top dollar has been $250usd
I consider these as low to mid range systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back