Am I Protected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJay420

I am currently running a lot of applications that I think are protecting me very well but I might have conflicting programs running that I dont know about. I am using Avast! Antivirus, AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Pro(with real time protection on), Ad-Aware 2007 Pro(with Ad-Watch real time protection on), Spybot S&D (with teatimer on), and Comodo Firewal Pro. Can anyone help with the best setup of these programs so I am full protected without causing any conflicts?

I also use Registry Mechanic and Ccleaner and would like to know the best of these two programs so I can get rid of the other.

Judging by all that, I would say you have a pretty good setup. I prefer ccleaner as it suits all my needs; I do not know about you though. Are you facing any conflicts?

Everything seems fine I was just trying to make sure I didnt have to many anti-spyware programs and that they dont cancel each other out or anything... I really like the more in-depth features of Ccleaner but I've ran Registry Mechanic directly after Ccleaner and it still finds even more stuff... Wats the best way to test my firewall to make sure it's configured properly? And is Comodo safe with Avast! seeing as how both of them are scanning the same thing and I had to turn Avast! off just to install it?

As long as you have one virus scanner and one firewall then things should be fine.

Well, ccleaner isnt exactly a program that focuses on your registry, although it does have a function to check on it, that could explain why. It really depends on your needs.

The configuration settings on your firewall really depends on your online habits too; IMHO the best way to find out is still trial and error. It wouldn't hurt to set the security levels a little higher, then adjusting as time goes by according to your online usage.

What were you trying to install that Avast! would not allow unless it was switched off? A common alternative to Avast is AVG; I've used AVG and Comodo together before and there wasn't much problems.

Regards,
momok =)

choose ONE of these
AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Pro(with real time protection on),
Ad-Aware 2007 Pro(with Ad-Watch real time protection on),​
I would use the AVG product as it will scan your email for you :)

run BOTH of these

Spybot S&D (with teatimer on), and
Comodo Firewal Pro. << FIREWALL​
disable the windows default firewall

What were you trying to install that Avast! would not allow unless it was switched off? A common alternative to Avast is AVG; I've used AVG and Comodo together before and there wasn't much problems.

I was told in another forum to disable the Avast! on-acces scanner to install Comodo. Before I did this Comodo would install but it would get the message that it wasnt setup properly and to run the diagnostic utility which tried to install a driver but never fixed my problem. In the end turning off Avast! worked for me.

choose ONE of these
AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Pro(with real time protection on),
Ad-Aware 2007 Pro(with Ad-Watch real time protection on),

Im gonna go with the AVG product because I'm more comfortable with them since they also have a Antivirus that has a well respected name. Thanx for all of the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back