AMD 2400 XP Plus with ASUS A7V266e Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone can help.

I have an ASUS A7V266E motherboard.
It has a AMD 2400xp plus processor.
My Computer details say that I have a 2000XP processor
Speed of 2.02 GHZ

I presume the speed is correct but obviously the 2000 bit is wrong.
System runs fine but it is just bugging me that Sytem Info Incorrectly shows which processor.

Can anyone help

Thanks.

I have got the latest BIOS which is supposed to support up to 2600XP
Plus processor.

What does this update prog you suggest actually do ?

Also I should have mentioned, to actually get it running at the correct speed of a 2400xp plus techies had to manually set multipliers etc in BIOS as opposed to jumperless mode.

If you go HERE, Asus mentions that you need a BIOS version 1011 but you also need a board revision 1.07 at least. Look between the PCI slots & see which revision of the board you have.

PS. Asus update is simply a program allowing you to update your BIOS through Windows.

Thanks.

I have a choice of 2 BIOS updates one is for Thorton cpu and the other is for Thouroughbred. I will find out which I need and give it a try(carefully), and let you know how I get on.

Hi,

I have had a look at the motherboard settings and they are in fact set to jumperless mode. I have the 1.07 mb revision and Bios 1011.
On the Bios setting for cpu speed it is on 2000 and I have the option of setting it to 2666.

Do you think I could get away with the 2666 setting. Otherwise I will just leave it cos at least it is running at the speed that it is supposed to (just over 2ghz) and just showing the wrong id.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back