AMD ATHLON xp 2100+ reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
can some1 tell me tha truth abt athlonxp 2100+
is it really sukx?
my mobo is MSI km4am(poor 1)
everytime while playing games like COD , FEAR ,Q4,D3,NFS MW,and all the games which are hungry of gfx, i crashed to desktop or the pc restarts it self. :(
plz help me to solve this
i have 300 watt pSU and my wattage consumtion is approx 250 watt cheked by PSU calculator.
i have inno3d GF 6600 (128mb-128bit) agp.
1 hDD 40 gb baracuda
256x2 ddr-400

bcz my watt. consumption is enough for 300 watt,so i think it should not be tha prob due to pSU. :blush:
any way if u knw plz reply me the sol.

First of all, try to use the english language in the future :)

Next, you may have power shortages because your 300W generic PSU doesn't supply 300W usable power. Try to borrow at least, if not buy, a good PSU or a ~400-450W generic one and see how your system behaves then.

Good luck!

First of all, the motherboard is MSI's budget board with onboard everything, a great board for internet, basic computing, etc. Sucks for gaming. The video upgrade slot is AGP 4x, uses a mediocre chipset, just not the board for gaming. The AMD Athlon XP 2100+ was a great processor in it's day, but really beneath the standards for the new graphic games of today. The video card is OK. I would just pack it full of ram until a significant upgrade is possible. As far as freezing up while gaming, could be many things...spyware, virus, needs a tune-up / cleaning, or just have to many other programs running at start up. You may want to have a tech take a peek at it, see if he or she can clear up some valuable system resourses for you.

hi

1st of all soryy for my bad english :blush:

hey jaquio i monitor the cpu temp while playing games and when idle.
while playing COD2 cpu temp @ 53 deg.C and @ rest it was 49deg.C
i know COD2 is a very high spec game but i have the minimum requirements to play the game and i think i should run (not good) but fine.
tomorrow i hook the single DDR chip and then run the game with 256 mb ram.
the game loads like hell! but it works fine and smooth with no hangup and restarts with blue screen.
then i thought is could be RAM prob.so i put the other RAM in the bank and run the game with 512 mb, i am very surpirze to see tht game was running smoothly with no hang up and restart w.b.s

then i got a headache :mad:
What exactly the problem.
2 freind of mine also got the genric 400 or 350 watt PSU with ATLON 64 3000+ and 3500+. i ask them and there is no such problem.
so i think it PSU does'nt solve my prob

You skipped a thing about the PSU - one who got old it's not as good as a new one, and its power outage may decrease after 2-3years of use. How old is yours? Also, you may have problems with a memory slot, maybe?

Most older generic 300 watt PSu's only put out about 10A on the +12 volt rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back