Amd fx or amd phenom better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePrince

was just wondering what you guys thought because I know that the single corse fx was betetr than a amd athlonX2 dual core 6000+ for gaming, so yeah if anyone has either of these cpus I'd like to knwo more about them

all are excellent for gaming. Your question should be : I am running this game, what GRAPHICS card and memory should I have?

yeah im sorted with gpu and memory, although I am upgrading my gpus soon just got 2 7900gs on SLi, gunna get a heap of new hardware so i can have crossfire ect, thats why i was wondering about a cpu because i got a amd athlonX2 dual core 6000+ running at 2.6ghz, but yeah i sapose ill go with the phenom next

Why waste money on a new CPU when you already have a awesome one as it is. I am with joyful_winner, you should just get two 8800GTs and put them in SLI to upgrade your system. No need to get a different CPU.

yeah i just like to keep updated and gotten sick of it and SLI, crossfire uses more outa of each gpu than SLI does and I'm also over geforce, I'm looking into buying two radeon r600xtx's one of the best gpus ever made

You do know that if you go crossfire you will have to buy a new motherboard that supports it? If your over SLIing then just get one 8800GT or 8800GTX as these are some of the best cards around. You don't really need to SLI them to get awesome performance. Or just get one of the r600xtx's you mentioned and put that in your system.

yeah thats why I was wondering about the new cpu because new mobo so it can handle crossfire and then 2 of those r600xtx's i know ones enough but I like having two.. always ahve always will, and i can afford it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back