• Intel

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • AMD

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

agissi

How long do you think it will be till the Hammer chip sets come out? Do I get a new 2400 now, or wait for Hammer to come along and hammer Intel's P4s (then get one). I know HT technology is a big yes, but it'll shall be a while till majority of programs support it. So lets not worry about that. Will it be 1yr+? Just curious.;)

[red]vb code is awesome. I wish HTML was the same as vb. VB just makes more sence, and its easy. Or better yet, Ill stick to Frontpage XP(2002).[/red]

according to amd's own estimates they will not be shipping the hammerc hips in large quantities until the fourth quarter of 2003.

ah it didnt work! oops, made a mistake. its diffrent in a motox fourm i also goto. ;)
Now I got it :D....or so i hope

according to amd's own estimates they will not be shipping the hammerc hips in large quantities until the fourth quarter of 2003

You got a link for that mate? Just at Comdex AMD said 2nd quater 2003 for the desktop version!

The Hammers, are pretty much ready to go.....there are already to motherboard chipsets (Nvidia, VIA) who have fully working motherboards for the Hammer!

Me personally, im waiting. 800FSB, 1mb cache, and it being AMD are too much to not wait for. So unless your really, really desperate, id say wait.

Oh and FYI, the Hammer will also have Hyper-Threading

I dont have the link for that article but it was an article on what AMD had to say at comdex. there will be hammer chips available ( technically) in the 2nd quarter of 2003 but AMD says it will only ship 100,000 of them. that wont even satisfy the large computer makers much less retail. the third quarter they expect to ship something like 500,000 and by the fourth quarter they will ship 5,000,000. so ready availability of the chips will not be a reality until the fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back