AMD Phenom vs. Intel Quad core benchmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Any benchmarks released on the phenom yet?
Supposedly it's supposed to whoopass on Intel.

supersmashbrada said:
i bet it will whoops the quads, but how many of us need a quad core, I know I sure dont. lol
Yet you invested in one ;)

AND WHY DOES ONLY HALF OF MY SIGNATURE SHOW ALL THE TIME?!?!?

MetalX said:
Yet you invested in one ;)

HAHAHA, who needs one he says and he's got a Q6700. But yea, if performance really is 50-100% faster than C2D for Phenom, I'll be jumping in to get one as soon as i have the money (NOTE: i said "as soon as i have the money", thats gonna take a while). Penryn is only expected to be around 40-60% faster.

Both CPU's will be great, but i think (NOTE: i said "think") AMD with their Phenom processor will take back the crown as the fastest CPU until Intels next CPU Nehalem or something, but I'm sure AMD will have something to compete with it by then.

Oh also found THIS, interesting read.

MetalX said:
AND WHY DOES ONLY HALF OF MY SIGNATURE SHOW ALL THE TIME?!?!?

Because sigs are now limited to three lines. No more :)

BTW, I thought that AMD's Phenom is still FAR away, so there are no benchmarks now :(

Yes I invested in one, and its not an investment at all, because I'm not seeing any return in my bank account lol. I bought it because I could not because of need. All I need is a dell inspiron but we wont go there.

I plan to build my next system sometime next summer after I return from the sandbox and finish OCS. So I am trying to figure out some things. I need some longevity in my CPU. My last build was an MSI K7N2 delta 2 platnum with an 3200+ Athlon XP processor. Still a good machine. I bought vista at a comp usa going out of business sale, so I would like to put it on a good CPU to really test it's limitations.

From what I have been seeing the phenom will bring back the crown. I'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back