AMD powered PDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Saw this at AMDZone, AMD is currently sampling PDA type CPU's.

AMD Introduces Alchemy AU1100

By: Chris Tom
April 8,2002
AMDZone.com

SUNNYVALE, CA-APRIL 8, 2002 - AMD (NYSE- AMD) today announced the introduction of the Alchemy(tm) Au1100(tm) processor, targeting the non-PC mobile internet appliance market, such as web pads, telematics, and PDAs. Currently being sampled, the innovative Au1100 offers an industry-leading combination of high performance, low power and high integration.

Full story here.....I wonder how a PDA is gonna look with a SuperOrb on it ??

AMDZone.com-AMD PDA article

Well its beyond me how you can post in the news forum and not notice the new news topics posted....

AMD to enter new markets, including handhelds/PDAs
From www.amd.com:

About the Alchemy™ Au1100™ processor from AMD
When Alchemy Semiconductor, Inc. was acquired by AMD in February of this year, its product portfolio consisted of the Au1000 and Au1500™ processors. The Au1000 processor is currently in production and the Au1500 processor is sampling, with production scheduled for the second quarter of 2002. The Au1100 processor builds upon the successful Alchemy Au1 core, which is based on a MIPS32™ instruction set. Like the Au1000 and Au1500 processors, the Au1100 is a System-on-a-Chip (SOC). SOC is a processor that has a core around which there are a custom set of integrated memory controllers and industry standard communication interfaces. SOCs can be tailored for use in different information appliances, such as PDAs and web tablets.

Looks like your the one finding all my mistakes today Arris...sorry totally missed it...blush again.

Heh...
I guess it might get read more here anyway :)
Hope I don't have to have a Delta 7000rpm fan on my PDA AMD cpu...

Originally posted by Arris
Heh...

Yeah can you imagine how that would suck down your battery.....It's fast but I can only use it for 2 minutes, then I have to recharge ;)

Originally posted by Arris
Heh...

I guess you would rather have it burn your hand to the bone ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back