AMD Quad FX vs. Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred G

I'm just curios which processor is better performance wise, i'm pretty sure 1 FX cant beat a Core 2 Duo, but can AMDs 4 cores crush intel's 2? Not that i'll be getting one anyway, i already decided on C2D.

Lol, maybe. If they are over****ed thats a yes, and yes that is a spelling mistake but I did it on accident and am not fixing it because it made me laugh :)

Yeah

For gaming it doesnt proove to be a improovment and as far as 4 cores go the Core 2 quad beats it, however not by a whopping margin, but still beats it. The AMD 4x4 setup also consums over 100% more power lol

Things however might be different when AMD releases a quad core CPU as from what I have read, you will be able to use quad core CPU's in them setups and have 8 cores.

Buy the AMD they're better than Intel, more effort has gone into the AMD (more man hours) Intel is just too big and expensive, I feel they don't care about us, only about how much money they can make off their CPUs. I like the fact AMD can be OC and I would build another box over any CPU from Intel. The Duo core from Intel I am not impress with it.

yea, i like AMD myself, and i'm sorry to see intel crushing them. But arent intel's processors cheaper?

You're in NYC you can get deals on CPU and hardware, most of us have to go to a Computer Fair or buy online. I just freel AMD not getting the marketing is could be getting if Intel backs off. Yes most of my equipment and laptops are Intel base, but 3 new systems are AMD, I wanted to build another system, good thing I've put that on hold AMD Quad CPU should be a good choice over the X2 system I was going to build.

Wow, tipstir stupid posts, a new architecture takes more man hours than a die shrink. That is what AMD did, and intels Price/Watt (or Price/Performance) Is WAY BETTER. And who wants a 400$ mobo to be able to use a Dual-Dual core outdated AMD setup that needs double RAM on top of it. They cant Overclock worth a ****, and they use more power, and still dont use a LGA type socket for desktops which uses WAY less voltage.

Not much for mobo choices either eh? 1 Quad CPU Mobo is all that is available for retail right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131146

For 2GB of RAM you will need 4x512MB if you want dual channel. And that dosnt leave any room for more RAM so there is another corner for vista which feeds off RAM.

And dual-dual core CPUs have been out for a while in the server marrket with Dual-Socket motherboards way cheaper than this.

Lga

F1N3ST said:
They cant Overclock worth a ****, and they use more power, and still dont use a LGA type socket for desktops which uses WAY less voltage.QUOTE]

Thats just it, the 4x4 setup does use a LGA socket (socket L) and the power consumption is still twice as much as the Intel Quad....

Well I dont consider it to be a desktop but I think we are making seperate points. Your point is it is a power hog even using LGA. Mine is that any voltage reduction cannot be a bad thing, and they already have used that type socket, so I dont know why they dont apply it to desktops.

tipstir said:
Buy the AMD they're better than Intel, more effort has gone into the AMD (more man hours) Intel is just too big and expensive, I feel they don't care about us, only about how much money they can make off their CPUs. I like the fact AMD can be OC and I would build another box over any CPU from Intel. The Duo core from Intel I am not impress with it.

I dont know where to start and point out what's wrong in that paragraph.

Not on dual core processors. Currently (however ****ty it is) Pentium D 805 is the cheapest dual core on the market by a good bit. Even the somewhat crippled X2 3600+ is more expensive than a PD 805.

AMD Just severely lowered their prices, they had to do that to even compete in the market. The E4300 will be 113$ in Q2 '07, which will put AMD in the dark unless they do something by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back