AMD Turion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllewe

Ok, so i am just got accepted to Sheperd U for the fall semester.

And of course what do i start to think about? No not classes, or money. Rather my mind goes right to laptops.

I went to the local PC shop to get a feel.

I noticed something. The AMD Turion (ML) CPU was used in alot of Compaq and HP laptops. (which are often in my price range)

And my main question is, how do the AMD Turion processors compare to the Pentium M?

I know, why does it matter? Im not going to game (i have a seperate rig for that) but i do some video and music eidting. (nothing hard core)
I have never used one, or know of anyone who has (although i have worked with Pentium M's in the past)

And my second question is, are there any new technolgies that are on the brink of bveing introduced that would be benefical to wait for?

Thanks

Sean

Thanks

Wow the Turion Seems to hold its weight in Benchmarks.

And now on to my second question.

Do any of you know of any pending Notebook Tehcnolgies/Standards, that would be worth a 2 or 3 month wait? (i dont need the notebook right away)

And if you have any more remarks on the Turion, feel free. but im sold on them for the most part, at least for my price range. (gasp, the intel man might buy an AMD)

And of course, thanks for the good read howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back