Amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethogar

can anyone tell me what GHz this processor is:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 6000+ Processor w/ HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology??

if you want to find out the specs of something try ebuyer.co.uk (if you are in the UK) or any good online pc store because it should have details specifications on anything they have.

ok thanks...i was wondering cause i am planning on buying a new gaming PC (Alienware) and was wondering because i want to be able to play Obivion on it.

yeah, I second that. The 6000+ will play oblivion easily, indeed assuming the rest of the system is ok. it's a very powerful processor.

the rest of the system will be way ahead of playing oblivion i think.

windows XP media center edition 2005
The processor above
2 gigs of ram
1000w PSU
Dual 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX - SLI Enabled
Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI Motherboard
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 8MB Cache hard drive
18X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Writer w/ Nero Software Suite
Ageia PhysX Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3

I think the rest is good enough

There's no such thing as way ahead of playing Oblivion. Theres nothing out there that can do constant 85+ FPS on Oblivion at 2560x1600... so there's nothing that's "way ahead of playing Oblivion." ;)

Well if you turn it up to the highest settings with a very high resolution with AA on max yes you most likely will lag even if you have top of the line equipment.

But getting great graphics are still possible dont get me wrong.

I have an AMD 6000, with ONE 8800 GTS 640mb, and 2gb DDR2 800. And I can play Oblivion at 1600x900 resolution with MAX settings and get a constant 35ish FPS. Thats not bad. But its also not 85 FPS :p. I am very happy with the quality of mine, and believe me... that computer will have NOOOOO problem at all.

hmmz, an 8800gtx in sli? you'll be able to play oblivion at a very high resolution. and even if it's not 85fps at the highest possible resolution.. who cares? : P

The athlon 64 X2 6000 is the end of the line processor for the 64 X2 series.
Both cores run at 3Ghz.

But most apps (including games) are single-threaded, meaning they only use one of those 3.0GHz cores, not both. Dual-cores are for heavy multitasking and/or multi-threaded apps. I believe the only multi-threaded games (or those which have support for the aforementioned multi-threading) are Quake 4 and Supreme Commander (the latter can actually use 4 cores).

I play an online mmo, called Lineage 2, I also have a g15 keyboard, whenever I play it shows all of my cores working together on the lcd panel of the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back