AMD64 3000 Showing up as 1000mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

Alright today I ran AOE III and DoD Source and they both said that my CPU was running at only 1.0ghz, when I know this badboy is supposed to be running at 1.8ghz. Now I was able to play AOE III fine, havent tried DoD Source yet cuz its still updating. I checked my BIOS settings and they look ok, just wondering if anyone could perhaps shed some light on the subject of to why it would be doing this.

It's Cool'n'quiet slowing down the CPU speed when the CPU is idle. It's in order to reduce power consumption, heat output & fan noise, as laptops do it.

mine does that all the time...it reads as 2ghz in bios, then when im in windows ive seen it read as .7ghz...i wouldnt worry about it

Got ya.......I have that turned on....so its reading it fine when it needs to, but since the machine was I guess...idle during the startup of that game it just read it wrong?

Exatly. You can always go to power management, set it to "always on" or something of the likes & then relaunch the system checker. Once it's done, set it back to minimal power management.

Hi ALL!
i need to unlock my laptop dell latitude d520 adminstration password,

service tag: 2L91LB1
Expires service code: 5638545181

Bamski said:
Hi ALL!
i need to unlock my laptop dell latitude d520 adminstration password,

service tag: 2L91LB1
Expires service code: 5638545181

i have same problem :(
i need bios password from dell d520 Service tag #H82KD2J-595B thanks

Status