Animated GIF over 256 color

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmboy5

i know GIF only supports 256color and is a compressed format but you see GIF pics everywhere having perfect color (16 bit and up), i know how to do that with nonanimated GIFs (one frame), but all my animated Gifs turn out to be 256color every time...

is there a program i can download that will save animated GIFs in "normal" color?

GIF format supports 256 discrete colors in one image file, but that 256 can be a set of any 16-bit colors. If you want to have pretty GIFs, the program you create them with must support different palettes in a gif file. I believe most of them do. So if you import a true-color image into a GIF animation wizard, it should adjust the palette by itself.

I have used GIF construction set that comes with Graphic Workshop as a lite version or a full-featured separate program.

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/alchemy.html

i have Adobe Photoshop 7 with Adobe Image Ready 7(the animator), umm... Macromedia Flash 5, and Microsoft Paint(lol)

yes im aware of palettes, thats how my View Sonic A90 is at 32bit at 1600x1200 (its really 256 color)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back