Annoying Geforce FX 5200 gamin problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Geforce FX 5200 128mb AGP card. I bought it to improve gameplay. Although it has made the game look and play better from my previous GeForce MX/MX 32mb card it has caused more problems.

I used to get the blue screen of death, that was fixed by using the drivers from nvidia instead of the cd. Now, instead of the blue screen after a certain event in a game such as engaging combat or something the graphics seem to go weird. As if there are no textures. An example is when I play rouge spear rainbox six after a certain amount of time the walss suddenly go pink. The flor goes multicoloured. I can't really describe it better then that.

What could be going on? My motherboard only support 4x AGP speed so where it says set the speed to a lower setting still doesn't help. I decreased the hardeware acceleration but it seems the lower I put it the worse it becomes.

Anyway other then that this card is really good. Thanks for any help.

apply all of the latest patches and updates available for your games, and all device drivers on the computer.

Ah, thanks. I updated all of the device drivers but I never thought of the actual game patches. I will do that.

Although it has happened to a game that I have all the updates for. But it doesn't happen as often. Is there anything I can change such as a setting that could do it? Or does it all boil down to the device drivers?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back