annoying internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having some serious internet problems over the last couple months.
I have sympatico DSL internet, an efficient networks speedstream 5360 Modem and a DI-604 4-port router.
I've had the modem for 5-6 years without any problems until now, and i've had the router for about 3 years.
My computer and another computer are both hooked up to the router, both PCs have windows XP.

My problem is when I connect to the internet, I can use it for about 10 minutes to 1 hour and then I lose all activity.
In my "Network Connections" window and my system tray It shows that my internet is still connected but I can't visit any webpages, download, connect to games or msn.
When I go to to the router on my web browser the log says stuff like this:

PPPoE Retry Fail Disconnect PPPoE line
PPPoE: opening connection ... 192.168.0.100:1056 168.95.192.1:53

This problem usually occurs during the day, but at 11pm to 4am the connection relatively stable.
I've called my ISP and they say it's a router problem, and I call dlink and they say it's an ISP problem, so I don't know whats wrong.
I've tried the ipconfig /renew method, but it doesn't solve anything
I've replaced the router with a new di-604 but I still get the same problems
So far the only way I can use the internet is by unplugging both the router and the modem from the wall and re-plugging them in. This will give me internet use for another
10 minutes to an hour of use until it re-occurs and I have to go un-plug the two again.
This is a huge hassle and I hope that someone can help me solve this issue.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back