ANNOYING problem with my Geforce MX 4000 PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I bought this lovely friggen 128mb DDR Geforce card, hoping it would prove to be an upgrade from my Voodoo 5. Howver, upon installing it along with it's latest driver update, my screen flickers. Like Crazy. Assuming it was the standard flickering I get when the card is running tests, I thought all was fine. But the flickering just never stopped. It is the same flicker that happens when you change desktop resolution settings. So basically it I don't do anything, everything is fine, however if I open a browser, I get that flicker, and then with anything that changes on the display at all that flicker happens first, and usually when it redraws, there is something wrong with that too, ie. a menu will be on top of another one, or a closed window will just sit there like it's a part of the landscape (something I haven't seen since Windows 98). Thinking it was my power supply, I bought a 350watt, and I still have the problem. My Bios is updated, the drivers for the card are updated. However, when I go into my system settings and turn off all grafics acceleration, the problem goes away. And when I turn them back on to play Half Life, as long as I'm in the game of Half Life, there is no problem. When I return to desktop, I'm in flicker hell. This is my life. And now, system specs.

Pentium Celeron 2.2ghz
1gb drr ram
Biostar motherboard, MX7SF
350watt power supply
3dFusion nVidia Geforce MX4000 128mb DDR PCI Card

What screen refresh rate do you have it set to? It should be 75 and 85 is better, to reduce flicker.
Maybe you could try another driver too.

:), time to upgrade your video card again, try to get GeForce FX5200 or 5700LE or the ATI 9550, or 9200

If you refuse, fine, get the latest nvidia update from www.nvidia.com or you can try one from my signature... Smile

Lucan

vnf4ultra, i agree with you, he/she should set it above 75hz

I'm set at 80hz currently, and I just bought this thing I'm not gonna upgrade within a week! Also, I do have all of the latest drivers. I see no reason as to why I would have to buy another card considering this, a name brand card, I's along the same lines as to what the standard was when all of my other equipment was top of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back