Annoying Search Toolbar in IE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwnewson

Can anyone help me??

A while ago I installed some shareware and at the same time without telling me it installed this stupid toolbar in my internet explorer 6. I couldn't remove it... It doesn't show up in add/remove programs, I can't find any files on the harddrive relating to it, and even if i 'uncheck' the toolbar to hide it, it's always there the next time I load up IE! It won't go away!

I recently uninstalled the original shareware but it's still there! It's a blue toolbar with a "search" field and it seems to be from the site www.tfil.com However the site gives no indication of this toolbar or how to deal with it.

It's really getting on my nerves!! Anyone?

Run AdAware or a similar program to get rid off spyware/ads.
If that doesn't help perhaps it's listed in the startup.
Click Start -> Execute... and type msconfig, then check the last tab about system start for strange entries.
That helped me a while ago with a bootup problem which could not possibly related to that program in startup. :D

annoying toolbar

Depending on what type of Windows look in regedit find current user to windows to microsoft or vice versa find the registry file delte it . That where that file is hiding or maybe try going to explorefind the file in your hard disk with the search file feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back