Anonymous Keylogging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have a 12 year old son who is on the computer alot. He's very tech-savvy and know's how to get around. For some personal reason's, I want to find out where he's going on the web when I'm not there. I heard of mulitple "Keyloggers" that record every keystroke, Is that the best thing I can use?
I want to get it on his computer without him knowing, so the program need's to work behind the scene. Is there anyway I can install the program from my computer? Or Via a link, or a program or somthing?

What would be the best program for me? And will this make his computer messed up?

Thank's.

Foyaeman said:
Okay, I have a 12 year old son who is on the computer alot. He's very tech-savvy and know's how to get around. For some personal reason's, I want to find out where he's going on the web when I'm not there. I heard of mulitple "Keyloggers" that record every keystroke, Is that the best thing I can use?
I want to get it on his computer without him knowing, so the program need's to work behind the scene. Is there anyway I can install the program from my computer? Or Via a link, or a program or somthing?

What would be the best program for me? And will this make his computer messed up?

Thank's.

I use a prog called Dameware Mini Remote, it allows you to view and control the PC from yours, and installs silently, you can log into his PC at any time and see what he is doing, my kids know I have this ability and are aware that I can view the screen at any time, it also helps me to fix any problems without the need to sit in front of the PC.

As for keyloggers., most antivirus progs will detect them and prevent them running, some dont, thing is they only record key strokes, they dont tell you what sites they visit if they follow a link to somewhere, say from google.

You can check the IE history unless you son has the sense to clear it, which by the sound of it he has, I suggest you consider some kind of Net filter program such as netnanny or similar, but again your son may easily find a way round it, my 11 year old just decided to delete the program folder, it caused an error opening IE but it worked.

Regards

Oh

Oh, Ok, Well, I think it would be better for me to just start out with a keylogger, since he doesn't have any Anti-virus, or anit-spy on his computer. Are there any good one's that will not affect his computer usage?

Thanks.

Personally I feel keyloggers are an invasion of privacy. If you can't trust your son, just lock the computer. Put a cryptic BIOS password that only you know and a similar password in windows. Better yet, physically lock the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back