Another BSOD problem plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aZn invaZn

hello,

im new to techspot and i created an account so i could try and solve this problem.

so yesterday morning i went out and bought some cold cathodes for my new pc , came home, put them in, no probs, worked fine. however, i then boot up to play games and check out my new lighting and as soon as i get into the main menu (of the game), i get a blue screen.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0X0000000A (0x00000016, 0x0000001C, 0X00000000, 0X80502392)

wen i load back up it has the usual "windows recovered from serious error message' with the mini.....dmp and sysdata.xml files.

i did some google searches to find that this bsod 'can be caused by a number of things'. great. so i take out all the cathodes and run my pc as it was making sure id plugged in everything, and i still got the same blue screen. fantastic, now i have no place to go. something happened to my pc but i have no idea wat.

since yesterday ive been continuously googling and cant get the right answer that i want, as there are so many different reasons for blue screens. ive read stuff about damaged RAM, not enough power, overheating etc, but i dont think that any of these are the reason. i really hope this is not some sort of hardware issue since my pc is only about a month old. here are the specs.

Core2duo E6850 stock 3.0ghz
2GB 800mhz Corsair RAM (2x1)
Asus 8800GTX stock
Gbyte P35-DS4
850W antec quattro PSU

As you can see my power supply should be more than enough and i cant think of anything that has damaged the rest of the hardware. damaged RAM should result in random reboots however my reboot only happens wen i load 3d applications eg. nvidia demos, games, etc (in fact i cant even get past the main menu) and my pc runs fine on everything else. overheating shouldnt be the cause as my cpu is at 30 degrees idle and system temp is at about 35. my gpu temp is at about 55-60 idle. i suspect a faulty driver of some sort but i have no idea how to pinpoint it.

i am extemely confused as i did not change anything hardware or software wise, all i did was add a few cathodes into the case, and wen i boot up i get the blue screen. i have attached a few of my minidump files and i hope some1 can decipher them.

just to make it clear, my pc was running perfectly before this started happening.

thanks in advance.

Uninstall all the drivers relating to your video card. You want to get rid of the ASUS enhanced video drivers. Then just install the drivers from Nvidia. All the crashes are the same.

BugCheck 1000000A, {16, 1c, 0, 80502392}
Probably caused by : atkosdmini.dll ( atkosdmini+1370 ) <-- ASUS enhanced video driver.

in the device manager there three 'Asus virtual Capture device driver', in the sound, video and game controllers. do i uninstall these? also do i need to reinstall my main video driver

if not, where are these drivers located and how would i go about uninstalling them (device manager, cd?)

it appears to be working now, loaded multiple 3d apps and they run as normal. thanks a lot!

i had to uninstall Asus gamer OSD then the 169.21 nvidia driver. problem solved :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back