Another BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowganhime

Surprise, surprise...another BSOD.

Just recently my computer has really acted up and is killing me with BSOD after BSOD and I am really getting pissed. I get problems that range from IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL to PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I will attach a link to some of my recent minidumps Here

Please help me!!!

You must be very proud of your unstable system ;) Can you supply us with a little more info? Things like, have you changed any hardware or installed new drivers or programs before this latest BSOD appeared? What are the specs of your unstable system? Motherboard, make and model. Processor, operating system?

Ok I have not made any hardware changes recently only software which didn't even include any drivers, just pc games. I am running

P5WD2 E-Premium Mobo
2 gb's of ram
Geforce 7900GT
Intel D 805 2.66 ghz
500 watt power supply
Windows XP SP2

Thank for your help.

Did you or someone else build this system? Has it always had BSOD issues from the begining? Are you overclocking this Asus motherboard?

damn your good...Yes i built this PC, it has had this BSOD problem since I built it and at one point I overclocked but then I backed down because of the BSOD's

Does your motherboard have a "failsafe defaults" or "optimum" bios setting? Maybe your memory timings need a little more tweaking

Im pretty sure that my mobo has an optimum bios setting, is that what I should set it to?, and how would I tweak my memory?

Chowganhime said:
Im pretty sure that my mobo has an optimum bios setting, is that what I should set it to?, and how would I tweak my memory?

Yes try the "optimum setting" if it is not already selected. Tweaking memory settings is tricky at best. I usually let the motherboard handle timings automatically, but when dealing with BSODs, sometimes manual settings for memory voltage and timings is the only option. These timings differ from motherboard to motherboard. Can you get a manual for your motherboard? The manual will tell you how to manually set the memory

I looked at the manual and got all of the memory settings back to "Auto" which is the same as optimum. So the mobo should take care of all the time settings and such. Is there anything else I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back