Another, Can't turn on my computer question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I hate to ask this but I am stuck and trying to decide if I should pay to have my computer looked at or see if it is something I can figure out myself.

I have been around computers for years but when it comes to hardware all I know is how to install ram. I know how to spot the different parts inside and for the most part I know what is what but thats it.

So my computer started acting funky and when I would turn on the power it would power up for a few seconds (LEDs,fans, etc start up) then it would just die. I would wiggle things around, blow some air in it and eventually it would start and run fine. Happened a couple more times same thing. I knew something was up but kept pressing my luck. Finally one day I turned it on again and for a Half a second it did its thing then turned off. Since then I no longer can get it to turn on. I've read around on the net, I've tried pulling my RAM, I've pulled the power cords to different parts in the computer, wiggled cords and what not. I dont know what else to try or how to test anything. I've also read people talking about their MOBO light is still on....I cant find any light so I dont know if its on or off. I think it could be my PSU because in the past it has seem to act funny but i dont know. Is there a way to check the PSU? I am thinkin of pulling it out right now just to examine it or something.

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Yhe only way I have been able to test a psu is by installing it. Do you have a friend with one you can substitute in order to find out? The psu is a good guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back