Another faulty lexmark x73

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems after reading the forums that the x73 would be better suited in my nieghbours skip.. but untill then i wondered if any one can help
my printer has been fine untill..... i needed to change the cartridge i was half way through printing documents when it ran out so i cancelled the print went out to get a new cartridge and now its ....buggered when i open the front cover the cartridge holders wont move into the middle and when i turn the printer on it spools about 5 sheets of paper through and then the status lights keeps flashing it wont print nor will it feed paper it still photocopies but nothing from the print side works i have uninstalled and reinstalled with the original disc and also downloaded the drivers from lexmark.. have i done something wrong when i cancelled the print job?
thanks

I can't imagine cancelling a print job would damage the printer itself. You should have definately been able to turn off the power, then turn it back on and things be back to normal.
So you've replaced the cartridges, and the copier still works? Sounds like it could be a problem in your cabling. Try replacing it, but once again I don't see how this would just crap out like that.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Another doorstopper bites the dust.
Was that one of Dell's freebies?
Try disconnecting the USB and power cables, then just plug in the powercable and switch on. You may be able to gently force the cartridgeholder by hand into the middle.
Other than that, the name Lexmark alone should be enough to make a 10-mile detour around it.

well guys n gals ive tried all the suggestions so far
spose it looks like i'm gonna carefully take it apart with a hammer!!! keep up the good work

Go look for a Canon Pixma IP4000 or IP4000R printer and a separate Canon Lidl35 scanner. The printer has (cheap) separate colour cartridges and is very fast, with excellent photo printing.
In Europe they are cheapest in Switzerland, but very few companies there ship across the Swiss border.
The US version comes (apparently) without the internal CD-print-tray.

whay hayyyyyyyyyyyy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: the doorstopper is now an ex lex! boy do they burn well not yet bought a new printer but the fealers are out thanks all esp therealblackstuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back