Another File Sharing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two XP Home (SP2) PC on a network with Zonealarm firewall. File and printer sharing is working ok except I can't seem to share user files under the Documents and Setting folder. I have set these to share but when I try to access them from the other PC it says I don't have permission. Both machines are on the same Workgroup. I have tried turning Zone Alarm off, ensued the relevant user is not logged at the same time. Windows firewall is off. Have tried setting the D & S folder to shared but makes no difference. Does XP Home prevent users sharing files in these folders?

It is the filesystem security that prevents you from accessing these files. All the folders undr D&S have restricted permissions and specific ownership. You can access all of them only if you access the share as someone with administrative rights.

Not that

Thanks but I tried setting all the users to adminstrators and it makes no difference. I have now established I can do the reverse from my PC to my laptop ( ie access folders in Documents and Settings) but can't access any of folders in the D & S folder in my PC from my laptop ( all other directories are fine) - Anybody else with ideas, its got me beat !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back