Another Multimedia audio controller problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I turn on my computer it says "Found New Hardware" and it shows to be a Multimedia Audio Controller, but Windows is unable to find a driver for it. I don't think this can be an issue with the SB Live! 24-bit because I have the latest driver for it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Here is some information about my computer:

Operating System - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Processor - 2.40 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
Main Circuit Board - ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-E 2.XX

Drives
203.91 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
147.21 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

BENQ DVD LS DW1655 [CD-ROM drive]
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8527B [CD-ROM drive]

HP Photosmart 7400 USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Maxtor 6B200R0 [Hard drive] (203.93 GB) -- drive 0, s/n B61JEH4H, rev BAH41BM0, SMART Status: Healthy

Controllers
NVIDIA nForce4 Parallel ATA Controller
NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA Controller (2x)

Display
RADEON X800 Series [Display adapter]
RADEON X800 Series - Secondary [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n HVEL210102, February 2006)

Multimedia
MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
SB Live! 24-bit
Standard Game Port

Try reinstalling from the CD or by downloading it HERE
That`s the first thing to try when drivers "disappear".

Thanks for the link. I tried reinstalling it, but the "Found New Hardware" screen still appears when Windows starts.

Looks to me like the onboard sond is still active and that that is causing your problem.
You should be able to disable it in your bios, refer to your mobo manual on how to do it.

Hope that helps, Rik.

Did the driver install find your sound blaster live? If not your sound blaster live could sound blaster dead. I've assumed that you have had this card installed for quite a while and just out of the blue one day your computer found new hardware? If that is the case you'll probably need a new sound card, but the thing you should try first is reinstalling DirectX 9C first then the card driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back