Another power supply problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... I have two power supplies, one is about one and a half years old and the other is about two years old or so... Here's what's been happening, I turn on my computer and after maybe 30 seconds it shuts off again... I've been trying to work with both power supplies and the "newer" one just doesn't even work well... I am currently trying to use the older one and when it shuts off, the network card light shuts off. I then proceed to tap the back of the power supply and it turns on again, but then turns off after around thirty seconds. The time it takes to turn off is very sporadic, and everytime I tap the power supply, it always starts working again.... I'm thinking about checking the capacitors and everything when I get home but for now, I'm checking all other forums at work....

It could be a bad cap on the motherboard but Id get rid of both PS's and buy a good one like Antec or Enermax. Ive worked on quite a few systems where the PS blew and ruined everything that was attached to it.

I agree on getting a new power supply. It can't be good for your components for the power supply to go on and off with all that tapping and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back