Another SATA install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody New to the site and need some help

Ive browsed the site but cant find an answer specifically that helps

Building a new computer Windows xp home edition,Abit Nforce 550 with AMD64 4200x2, a new SATA 2 drive, Geforce 7600gt ...

Its been awhile since my last build

Things were going well after starting windows xp home until I got to "press f6 for 3rd party drivers " Pressed "s" and inserted Abit NVRAID 64 bit driver disk, which came with motherboard, in floppy it was read as corrupt! (brand new disk) I downloaded driver from Abit web site, extracted to Floppy and tried again. This time after pressing "s" it said readtext.OEM not found I looked at the floppy and that file is there! I dont know if Im messing up something as simple as extracting the zip to the floppy. should I extract first and then copy the files to the floppy? I tried this a few times and the floppy is either read corrupt or cannot find readtext.OEM I know this sounds pretty basic but its driving me nuts!! AM I doing something wrong with the download any other suggestions?

Abit NVRAID 64 bit driver disk-This is the correct driver ??

Thanks for any help you can give me VERY FRUSTRATING

try to install without F6
the NVRAID 64 bit driver is not for xp home
you have a 32 bit system
the MB may be able to handle 64 bit ??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have deleted your other thread on this subject. Please don`t open any more threads for this. Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I just answered your other thread, that's one of the reasons why you only open one.

I'll assume that your mobo model is KN9S, it's the only NF 550 board. The file you download makes the floppy for you, extract the files, then run the RFDGen.exe file. When that's finished the floppy should look like the following. You want the first file listed under NvRaid Installation Disk, not the 64 bit one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back