Another Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some time now I've found that I encounter a stop error with growing frequency while playing full screen games. Investigating heat issues I find that the trouble might also lie in certain device drivers. Though I am uncertain so I offer a post here.

Any advice on stop error 0x00000008E would be appreciated.

Ive gone ahead and attached the most recent miniXX.dmp

The minidump is corrupt. I can't read it.

If you get this error while playing games, wouldn't it make sense to check or update video drivers. And how about POSTING SOME SYSTEM SPECS?

What are we working with here? Some things that would be helpful are:

Computer name/model
Motherboard model
Memory type and amount
Video (on-board or card) make and model
Sound (on-board or card) make and model
Hard Drive(s) make, how many and size
Operating System (XP, Vista, Linux)...
Age of system

Got the idea now?

Indeed - I had missed the profile option to hide shared PC specs. I've corrected the matter. Thank you for pointing that out. And my apologies.

Also you are right again the problem would seem to lie in the drivers for my video card. I've got the most recent driver I am aware of installed (And reinstalled a couple of times now) though I could easily be missing something there - it's possible :D

Below I've gone ahead and put together some more of the most recent dump files - I wasn't aware the single file I've offered above was corrupt. Even if this post is ignored I appreciate even having the forum to poke my head into and ask, so please understand I make no assumption that my help request demands attention. But I am pleased that the possability exist. Below is a .zip containing the ten most recent minidumps - perhaps that will help solve the corruption issue noted above.

http://www.hickorytech.net/~dtenhoss/Minidump.zip

Either way the system is small and upgrades are obviously immenent but for the now I have to wonder what the issue is before more investments are made which might only worsen the problem.

About a third of the latest minidumps were corrupt still. Hardware, memory, ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys make up the rest...

Because you have so many corrupt minidumps, I'm begining to think memory, CPU cache settings or corrupt bios... This could be caused by a defective motherboard. The Nvidia video doesn't help matters either. How are you handling virtual memory? Windows automatic or manually?

Thanks for the specs

Tmagic650 said:
How are you handling virtual memory? Windows automatic or manually?

Automatically at the moment.

More information on the most recent stop error screen:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804FFF58)

also alternative screens showed up with
0x804FAAE4 and 0x804FF4EC in the final bracket position.

Posting these stop errors is not helping. What are you doing to troubleshoot the problem?

How about checking or swapping memory

Swapping video cards

Checking the hard drive for bad sectors and SMART status

Stop sitting on your hands, and get busy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back