Another Virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz1234

Right, i think i have a virus, hopefully a fixable one (as in i would rather fix it than start afresh) however all i have time for at the moment is a HJT scan logfile. It's not effecting the running of my system.

cheers loz

edit: laptop is now running really slow, is there anything i can do with hijack this, please help!

You`ve managed to get your system badly infected yet again.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Loz1234 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry mate these two are the best i can do for the mo (having 2 use safe mode for everything), any thing that would alow my normal stuff 2 work?

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Microsoft Network Services Controller

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

mmsvc32.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all O1 - Hosts: entries.

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Network Services Controller] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmsvc32.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or folders(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmsvc32.exe
C:\qoobox

Reboot into normal mode(if you can) and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs. Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of Loz1234 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Cheers Howard, you're a life saver as always :grinthumb

Normal mode works perfectly now, as for the panda thing that showed nothing. here are the logs, i'll do combofix in a moment!

Your HJT log is now clean.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmpuk.clk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\bmvknqfa.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\1.htm
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCP71.DL1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCR71.DL1
C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply.

That`s clean.

Delete the following folder.

C:\qoobox

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

I suggest you take a look at this thread HERE. It will show you how you can keep your system more secure.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

ok, cheers howard hopefully you won't see me again for a long time! I'm embarassed.

I'll take some of that advice, cheers, loz

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back