Antec Cobra Cable.....how do I install it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

I think antec makes great products, but their documentation sucks.

I picked up an HDD Antec Cobra Cable to install into my system and get rid of those hideous ribbons, but when I took the cable out of the packaging this is what I found

Black connector with a grounding strap(?) on the end
Silver HDD connector on the cable, not too far from the black connector.
Red connector on the far end of the cable

I'm assuming that the black connector goes to the primary, the silver goes to the slave (just because they're so close to each other) and the red one goes to the motherboard. I took the grounding cable and taped it to the case, and booted up the system. It ran great last night for almost an hour, then I shut down and went to bed. I turned it on again this morning, and teh computer would never go through POST. I removed the cable, reinstalled an older cable that I had, and it seemed to post fine at that point. I have not tried to put the new cobra cable back on because I'm afraid I'll set it on fire. Is it a faulty cable? Where the heck does the ground go? Am I right in assuming that is where the plugs go? Antec is no help, no documentation, not even anything on their websites. I'm ready to take it back and get a replacement, but if someone has these and can help me a bit I'd appreciate it to save a wasted trip back to town.

Yes you are correct with your assumption about the connectors.

The ground wire just attaches to your hard drive where it is screwed into the case.

Regards Howard :)

howard, thanks a bunch. I'll try that and see if it works. Is it too hard for Antec to put that in documentation?? Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back