Antivermins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

aralien

Hello everyone. I need help!

I got a trojan, malware, or somthing of the nature from visitng myspace. At first I thought it was the winfixer trojan, then I thought it was the winantivirsus trojan, and know I am not sure. I have a stupid question mark that blinks in the task bar. When I click on the stupid blinking question mark it take me to antivermins.com. I have ran about 4 different spyware programs and HJT numerous of times. The blinking question mark is still there. How can I rid this virsus, trojan or whatever it is. What am I looking for in HJT? Please help - I just built my computer. The last thing I want to do is re-format the hardrive. Stupid spyware.... Attached is the most recent HJT Log.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log dec. 17.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of aralien only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

In the instructions you were asked to rename hijackthis, it is important that you do so as some spyware can hide from HJT!!

This thread is for the use of aralien only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I need to see a new log with it renamed!!!

I notice you have norton on your stystem and it quite plainly isn't doing a good job as usual.
I recommend that you -

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

Once you have done that, post a new HJT log and we will deal with the remaining malware!!!!

Removed Norton, installed AVG

Removed Norton with uninstall program and installed the freeware version of AVG. It is updated. I am using ASUS Firwall installed on my motherboard.

Here is the HJT log,

thanks

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/download/tgctlcm.cab

O16 - DPF: {D30CA0FD-1CA0-11D4-AC78-006008A9A8BC} (WebBasedClientInstall Class) - http://www.bsu.edu/webapps2/avdownload/download/win/unmanaged/webinst.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

That should make your pc as clean as a whistle!!

Rik,

I deleted files in HJT and I am still getting the flashing windows alert message in the taskbar. I put computer in safe mode and ran AVG anti-spyware and 7 tracking cookies were discovered for various adware websites. This leads me to believe that I have not found the actual source (malware). What to do next?

Let me know how you get on with that and if you have anymore problems.

I can't take credit for finding that cure, the credit belongs to someone else, all will become clear soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back