Any advice on a high performance heatsink for a skt 478?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easystreet

I am running a prescott 3.0E and I am now struggling to get the temp below 55C. I have a stock heatsink and fan and 5 case fans with a nice airflow inside.

any ideas on brands that have been tried and tested would be much appreciated as they are hard to come by now.

zalman 7x00 or 9500 series. www.zalman.co.kr their coolers are extremely quiet yet keep even the hottest processors cool.

i have a thermaltake spark 7 xaser edition on mine, same processor and socket. the spark 7 does not require a backplate.

I am very satisfied with my arctic cooler freezer 7.
it cools down my p42.8@3.2 to 30celsius in idle and never exceeds 40 on load.
it works with adjustable fan speeds and comes with a nice heatpipe....
altough zephead is right,zalman makes nice coolers as well.had one on my 9800pro grafix,very reliable and silent

thanks gents, quick question.

the spark 7 allows for up to 3.2ghz but I am running my cpu @ 3.6 OC'd. is that still ok?

cheers, alex

easystreet said:
the spark 7 allows for up to 3.2ghz but I am running my cpu @ 3.6 OC'd. is that still ok?
i suppose it would be, but this cooler ain't too quiet 6,000 RPM fan. for the high heat output of an overclocked prescott, i would reccomend the zalman 9500 or 7700cu. the spark 7 would be intolerably loud whilst cooling your CPU. i have used the zalmans many times and they can keep anything cool without making a sound.

thanks a lot guys. I have ordered myself a scythe infinity as I used to be a ninja myself.

you made an annoying problem a lot easier:)

easystreet said:
thanks a lot guys. I have ordered myself a scythe infinity as I used to be a ninja myself.

you made an annoying problem a lot easier:)

good choice !!

I've been very happy with mine.

Just watch your fingers when you fit it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back