Any Answer on Dual Cable Modems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm revisiting a question i've seen in the archives here but I'm wondering if anyone has a resolve. I'm still wondering about the whole Second Cable Modem (Comcast, in Washington State. Vancouver specifically) for that extra $5.00/month. The honest truth is that I have a spare Cisco 2600 router, I've ordered an additional ethernet module so I can perform per packet load balencing. If I can register a second modem, I can double my internet speed for an extra $5.00/mont. This is looking real good here because my 1.5M service performs like crap! I get green with envy when I read about those of you who have 3, 4 and even 6M service. Currently I'll be load balancing one Cable modem and one DSL connection but that will only be affordable for a year. Anybody have any insight?

SifuGreg

Well, money would be one. A T-1 line runs $400/month without an ISP. That probably runs another $400 (last time I checked it was over $800 but that was a few years ago). This is not for a business but from my home. Another readon is the education of it. I've set up many T-1's but I've never tackled something like this. And I love to learn!

Not worth it

I checked into this awhile back with cox. They informed me that the only real way to better speed was to have a second cable drop from the pole. The price was like 250 just for the drop. If the service is coming over the same line then there no way it is going to speed things up for you. Your only other alternative is faster service. Hope this was helpfull. :slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back