Any Drive Image users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I was going to buy it, but the consumer reviews were horrible. What versions are you 2 using and how did you find support, if you ever needed it that is???

I use Drive Image 2002 (internal build 60.048)
Been with them since version 3.
Backup of 2.5GB compressed into 1.1GB takes about 4 minutes, restore in the same time.
I use it about 3-4 times a week, never ever any problems.

I agree with the boys 100% .I have been using Drive Image since version 4 I now have 7.Only needed suppot for an update and they called me ,probably because it meant them getting money!

i am not sure what the difference between 2000 and 7.0 is but I just bought d/l version of 7.0 from Symantec (they bought it) and current customers of symantec get 40% discount. Big d/l 413Mb so I have not completed it yet.

version 2002 is for Win 98,Me and version 7is for Win 2K & XP
I think they ship both together , thats why download is so big.But you should check installation notes before installing.There were two different installation files.

Liquidlen, I do not quite agree.
I use PM 2002 for Windows 2000. It supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, HPFS, Linux Ext2, and Linux Swap file systems, and sector-by-sector support for UNIX and NetWare.

As I don not indend EVER to change to XP, I don't need a newer version of this otherwise excellent program. I am quite sure that PM2002 also works under XP. After all, it makes a HD-backup, not a Software-backup!

Real check this page on the right side under system requirements.Powerquest recommends that you use version 7 install for Win 2k & Xp DI 2002 will work on Win2K but Ithink 7 qualifies for 2k& XP recommendation from Microsoft
http://www.symantec.com/driveimage/index.html
There is a comparison page for the two I haven't found it,yet. I would also bet that powerquest support will push you to use 7 with your OS, but don't quote me.
Regards
L

Going a bit further, the new PM v7 ONLY works on W2K and XP, and it no longer falls back on DOS. It need not reboot as much as the previous version, and does everything in Windows.

PM v6 (a.k.a. PM 2002) fully works in W2K and should also work in XP, but it is an older version (obvious..) that still uses the built-in DOS for certain functions. The emergency floppy disks have come in handy on more than 1 occasion. (don't know if v7 also makes floppies).

Of course Symantec wants everybody to buy the new PM v7. Pity they got their hands on this product. Just wait for it to become bloatware.

Real ;
What I love the most is the ability to backup&recover to any server on my lan and a bootable recovery dsk.
I got version 7 and 7.0.1 update from Powerquest(that I still Have) before Symantec take over ,so I do not know if there has been any other updates ,I could not find one at thier web. The take over was a shock to me I have no use for Symantec Glut!
I will be watching for this in the future and you can bet there will be no updates for me until I know exactly what is involved.
I am a little confused (easily done) but did you get Ver7 with 2002 or 2002 alone?
I
L

I only have a stand-alone PM 2002, which suits my needs admirably. The whole install-file is only 28MB, which expands to 36MB on harddisk. Its DOS-emergency package fits on only 2 floppy-disks.

If I should get Version 7, I'll be knocking on your door for the update-file if that is not available elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back