any footy fans

acf

hi,
im crazee about footy and wonderred if any other members liked it. i wud like to know ur views. im a man u supporter by the way

I support a real team thats not owned solely for money making purposes, be it by a Florida businessman or a PLC..

Brighton and Hove Albion. Sure, we're not Premiership, but its real football with non-plastic fans and a board that actually cares

hang on m8, ive been long supporting this club and also glazer has mentioned hes looking after the club for th e best reasons. please read information carefully.

and as for plastic fans, doesnt it show true support that we were agasint take over. also when was the last time brighton and hobe albion win something decent. can't remeber.

Let's not fight about club management/ownership and who won what when or where.
Also, these forums are mostly visited by PC enthusiasts, who might not all be footbal fans.
Personally, I don't give a toss about it at all, 22 uneducated overpaid lowlifes running after a piece of leather...
Let the war begin!

Being a Liverpool supporter for over 45 years, I`ve seen both the best, and the worst side of football.

Hooliganism, the Heysal stadium disaster of 1985, and also the terrible events of Hillsborough 1989, left me with a sour taste in my mouth for a long time.

That was a long time ago, and hopefully something that will never happen again, to any football supporters no matter what team they support.

Today, my main gripe about football, is the obscene ammounts of money being paid to, and for players. To a certain extent, I blame the Sky corporation for the ever spiraling costs. The fact that the English premiership consists of four or five big clubs, with most of the money, followed by a middle tier of clubs, and then the bottom clubs that just can`t compete, doesn`t strike me as being fair somehow.

I would like to see some sort of cap intoduced, that prevented clubs spending over a certain ammount, in order to at least try and create a more level playingfield.

The ammount of foreign players in our top league, is in my opinion hurting our national side. The England manager having fewer, and fewer players to choose from. If it carries on much longer, I can see a time coming, when a lot of our national side will be picked from the lower divisions.

Don`t get me wrong, I feel there is a lot of good things in football too. Not only fantastic nights like the recent Champions league win by Liverpool, but also the week in week out banter and discussion of football fans from all over the world. No matter what team we support, it`s football that brings us together, and long may that continue.

To those people who don`t like football, that`s absolutely fine. After all, we are all entitled to our opinion, and we all have likes, and dislikes.

I will love football for as long as I live. I guess it`s in my blood. Listening to thousands of Liverpool fans singing You`ll never walk alone, still brings a tear to my eye, even after all these years.

Regards Howard :) :)

cudnt agree more

cudnt agree most with u, we all have our hobbies, utd will win the prem next yr. quality like edwin van de sar will help this

any1 got any transfer rumours

not sure whether their uneducated m8. they have the talent but they are overpaid. but footy is a gr8 thing

Talent and education are different things...in my view they get paid way too much for what they actually do, and their 'skills'. Ironic that the cleverest people often have to leave the country for better pay (amongst other things) whilst the footy players, who are just entertainers when it comes down to it, get paid millions...im sure that could give a thoughtfull insight into our society, but im not in an insightful mood :D

one thing we have to remeber here is that sport (football) is actually healthy. ok the pay is over the top. but sitting infront of a computer screen getting eye problems and also uld is bad. sport is so many times more healthier and facts prove these

acf said:
one thing we have to remeber here is that sport (football) is actually healthy. but sitting infront of a computer screen getting eye problems and also uld is bad.

I think trying to compare Computer Related Jobs and Football is a bit of a stretch. And i dont think the players are playing the sport to be fit....

Sean

BTW-ACF please check your posts for grammar before you post them.

I'm a fairly lighthearted suppotrer, but a supporter none the less. When I first came to England the only football club I'd heard of was Liverpool, so when asked, I said I supported them (like when in primary school when I was asked once in class which was my favourite music band, I said All Saints, I don't and didn't listen to music, it was just the only band i'd heard of and I wanted to fit in. However it was a big mistake, I got bullied for it).

Once i'd found out more about football, I switched to Man United, it was about 8 or 9 years ago, and I still support them, yet I still get jibes saying I am a glory hunter because I switched teams. I am a genuine supporter, I'm just not able to go to games games, too expensive and far away (i'm three hours train from Manchester, it would swallow up a whole day, and I don't really have that much free time.) I'm not really bothered about going to matches when I can watch it on TV, and I do, I never miss a match if I can help it. If you want my opinion, tv is better than live. Sure you miss a lot of the atmosphere, but you get close ups and replays, you can quickly pop into the kitchen for a snack or drink, you can actually hear the commentary and your enjoying it in the comfort of your own home, or with a group of close friends.

I was opposed to the initial Glazer takeover, but I've noticed that it's the other Glazers that will be handling business, and they don't seem too bad. Yet I'm still a bit untrusting of them. AFC, if your still reading, this is a computer forum, mild social life at best. If you want a proper discussion about football, go to a more general discussion forum, like PC Gamer's. A thread like this just isn't fitting for this kind of forum.

Just heard on the TV news that Gerard is off to Chelsea.
Money talks, and playing for the shirt is a thing of the past for the vast majority of the professional spongers in the modern game

acf said:
and as for plastic fans, doesnt it show true support that we were agasint take over. also when was the last time brighton and hobe albion win something decent. can't remeber.

Division 2 Play Off Final, May 31st 2004. Far more real competition than the Primadonna League, err, Champions League for one.

We've also got more silverware since 2000 than United, btw....

No point in fighting between teams.

West Ham born and bred, been an Iron since my dad first took me in 1968. We lost that match, but I came out of Upton Park with claret and blue blood.

Just looking forward to the start of a new season in the Prem...... and hope that our board, which is pretty lousy, might just this once hang onto a few of our talented kids for a change.

Come on you Irons!!!

Oh yesss!!

Come on you Irons!!

I'm going to UP for the Blackburn match on Saturday. Should be excellent!

:evil: i'm a strong supporter of football club sarajevo! :evil:
logo.735.jpg

Back