Any Good Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Shadow

I'm currently looking into buying a new computer. I am buying it for mostly gaming and internet use. How would this computer handle games?

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6550 (4MB L2 Cache,2.33GHz,1333 FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
MEMORY 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache
OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive
VIDEO CARD 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Im hoping I will be able to run atleast Halo 2 (PC) on it without issues.

-Sgt Shadow

You'll be able to run halo on that, but I suggest you downgrade to XP from vista for now, Vista is a piece of crap :haha:

Hey Buddy, much as i hate Windows (I use linux), i can't say that its Crap, anyway i don't think Vista is crap, its just not designed for Games, these guys were focusing on the business section and forgot the gaming section, though people think its for that becoz of the elevated Dx 10, NO its for BUSINESS so its not crap. But considering yo advise of downgrading, it think that is a very good machine with games if u have xp, i support u there.
Anyway, NO worries

Cheers
Robin

i've had next to no problem with Vista, gaming or just in general and my system is old as, and if he wants Halo 2 he needs vista correct?

unless of course your going to hack it or something

For Halo 2(PC) you do have to have vista.Thats why I went with Vista and not XP. Otherwise like everyone said I'd get XP.

Do you have any options to upgrade individual components?

I'd say a C2D 6550 (which is the 1333mhz FSB vs. 1066mhz FSB and a great processor) would be better matched to DDR2-800 memory vs. DDR2-667. Also, that 2400 Pro, while a decent card, there are much better solutions for similar price range that will allow for better graphics and games.

Edit- I also have to agree with channy. Call of Duty 4 is an amazingly well done game. It surpassed all my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back