Any knowledgable folks mind taking a look at my HJT log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I have some malware and such on my PC but it all looks like Chinese to me so I was hoping someone who know what they were looking at could take a look at it.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] "C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe"

O4 - Global Startup: msconfig.exe

O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Allison\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.net - {F4430FE8-2638-42e5-B849-800749B94EED} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming.Net\PartyPokerNet\RunPF.exe (file missing)

O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for downloading, installing and running AVG Antispyware.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of LoopHole only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Alt Shift Delete/Escape doesn't work and when go Start > Run > Taskmgr it says another program is already using that file. I guess I should of mentioned that before.

It`s ctrl, alt and delete you`re supposed to press to bring up task manager. However, if that doesn`t work either, follow the instructions as best you can.

Then, go HERE and follow as many of the instructions as you can.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs, after you`re finished.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of LoopHole only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back