Any news about IBMs 100GHz processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldogg

Know anything about IBMs 100ghz processors?

I heard about IBMs 60ghz processor and how they say they'll hit 100 by the end of the year. I think I heard that they're going to put them in network hardware and such; anyone think that they'll be availible to the public at all? It would be really cool to have a 100ghz processor but I bet they're pretty expensive.

I am not exactly sure why you would need something that fast, or necessarily want it, other than the fact that you can say I have a 100GHZ processor. But you never know for the right amount of money I am sure anything is possible.

Silicon-germanium-based ring oscillator circuits made for networking purposes. It'll take some time until desktop PC's have 100Ghz CPUs.

I need a processor that does a gazilion processes a second because I am very impatient.

I don't think it is much for me i need 1000ghz
if u have any info about that pls send me an e-mail.

picture had no relevance so it was removed by moderator

Strange - looks like every time CPU speed is doubled, users' patience is halved. 15 years ago I spent half an hour to load just one application from cassette. Usually it didn't work at the first time, I had to adjust the head a bit and try again.

Not my patience. I've always had no patience whatsoever. I want everything to load instantaniously!

Now that just doesn't seem too feasable to me. Or very practicle. Looks like it might help if you learn just a little bit, it will make your life a whole lot easier.

Can you imagine the heatsink and fan on one of those??? My 1.6ghz processor's dragon orb 3 is loud enough to need a muffler!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back