Any other program to view MS Publisher .PUB files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealBlackStuff

Does anybody know of a program, other than MS Publisher itself, to view the xxx.PUB files it creates?

Failing that, does anyone have an URL for a trial-version of MS Publisher 2002, not the CD for 2003?

Thanks Nic, but that does not solve my problem.
I built a new computer for a friend, installed W2K on it and copied over his "My Documents" file from the old PC he had. Then that old PC was fully wiped and installed with W98 for it to be sold.
In there are some .pub files from MS Publisher V3.0. This is either a stand-alone V3 or the files are output from Publisher 97, which also marks its files with V3.0.

I found a 60-day demo of this Publisher 97, but it can't read these files, even though it shows the content in a small preview-window. I have Office 2000 Premium, but that does not include Publisher 2000 (or older), so I am stuck.

Any other suggestions, other than apply for a demo-CD from M$ themselves? (don't want to register my name with M$)

Have you tried OpenOffice? They have many filters for MS office documents, might be able to help you. They're on 90% compatible though.. while they open many things fine, some things may be garbled and/or missing.

Hello. I rllly needed 2 look @ publsiher files after my win 98 got wiped and no luck. sorry m8ey

View publisher files

the easiest way to do this is to simply open the publisher file - select all - then cut and paste to Microsoft Word this will probably also worked in Open Office and that will do it

Opening the .pub file

Hi - i have not read all the replys but as i was trying to open this file i read your psot and then found the resolution else where. I could not find anyway of getting a publisher viewer but i did manage to find a neat little link which allow you to convert the file to a PDF format from which you can open it and print the file out.

0w0w0w0.pdfonline.com/convert_pdf.asp i cant post it as a link as i am not allowed lol

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back