Any way to make laptop speakers louder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hey everyone is there anyway to boost the sound a a laptop? My cousin just got one and he barely can hear his DVDs? is there an amplifier or sumthing in a program i can download? Thanks 4 looking.

Anyway to make LAPTOP speakers louder?

That's pretty common for laptops. But as long as you checked all the "volume" locations, that's about it as far as I know.

From the speaker icon in the system tray. To control panel audio section, make sure the pan is in the middle, that the speakers are set to stereo speakers, and the main volume slider is all the way. All this can be done from in there. But there is more then one location for volume. Also use the laptop's function keys to up the volume, as this can sometimes be sepparate from Windows control. And lastly the volume of the DVD playing software itself, may also be sepparate.

But as far as I know, there is no such thing as a software amp.

I guess you could look for the latest audio drivers. And get the latest directx.

Try playing the movie in different DVD players if you have any other players loaded.

Other then that I'm out! I don't expect much from laptops anyway.

I have this problem on my two laptops... it's mainly the same issue, volume on DVD's.

What I found was PowerDVD has a special audio setting specifically for Laptops and boosts the volume tremendously. You might want to give this a try as it solved the DVD audio problem for me.

You can get PowerDVD from HERE. There is also a trial version available.

However, it`s quite pricey.

Maybe a cheaper way would be to buy a new dvd-rom, as a lot of them come bundled with a version of PowerDVD. Whether the bundled version has all the features of the paid for version, I don`t know.

Regards Howard :)

Im using a bundled, freebie version that came with a Sony DVD drive.

It has in the audio settings a place to check for "Noisy Environments (Recommended for Laptop users)"- with this enabled, DVD audio is about 5x louder than any other DVD player I've used.. and I can actually sneak the laptop speakers down to about 80% and the DVD audio is still much, much louder.. and loud enough to hear sitting 4-5 feet from it with a movie. Whereas Media Player and WinDVD, with speakers maxed out and player maxed out, I can barely hear any dialogue sitting right at the laptop.

Handy for traveling and watching movies in hotels.. Can now prop the laptop on a table and pop in a movie and hear it comfortably on the bed. :)

funny, I have a toshiba laptop that even on the loudest settings, the speakers are horrible to watch movies with. They're loud enough for other stuff.

You could hook some speakers up to your laptop. I've never really tried it cause i dont watch that many dvd's on my computer, but yeah... probably would make it a little bulky to carry around, and it wouldn't be a very good choice for a plane or car, but anywhere else would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back