Anyone else notice that Techspot is slow?

MetalX

I've noticed that the Techspot forums are loading very slowly. It takes in the range of 20-30 seconds to load a page most of the time on my 10Mbps internet. it used to take about 1/2 second, but lately it has been going slow. Is the server full or the bandwidth limit reached or something?

Yeah, I noticed a wekk ago that it was taking a long time to load a single page. Today is better but still not that fast. I'm using a 100Mbs connection.

kitty500cat said:
Off-topic: You're using a 100Mbs connection? Are you sure that's not just your local network?

You are correct. My error. I'm at 6.0Mbps over the Internet, 100Mbps over intranet.

Nice Internet connection speed though. I think mine's supposed to be 2mbps, but it's normally somewhere around half that speed.

Well, that's what the ISP STATES as my max download speed but last I checked online, it was 273Kbps on the download, 73Kbps on the upload from a single site.

We are not having any server trouble (at least that I know of), perhaps we can get more feedback from more members around the globe? Is this happening on the forums only or the whole site for you?

For me, it seems to take a lot longer for the main forum page to load than it used to, used to be very fast. It may be my imagination, but I think it may have started doing that about the same time that the stats etc. at the bottom of the page came on board. Could that have something to do with it? Everything but the main forum page loads okay for me. 10 mb connection.

I've always noticed on the status bar that the last thing to load are the ads, and they seem to take the longest of anything; don't know if this has anything to do with it though :/ .

Julio said:
We are not having any server trouble (at least that I know of), perhaps we can get more feedback from more members around the globe? Is this happening on the forums only or the whole site for you?

Julio,

It was quite slow about a week ago but it seems faster now. It is still a bit slower than a recall it was when I first joined.

Yes, it's mainly the main page of the forums. It takes quite long to load sometimes, and it used to be instant up till about 3 weeks ago.

How about now? Top 5 stats are gone for testing (not that they were completely useful in the first place).

Back