Anyone familiar with getting rid of "Privacy Violation in Progress - AVP Warning"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got scammed by a virus that starts up in internet explorer. It says "Privacy Violation in Progress- 213 AVP warning" it goes on to provide a link to a website where you can resolve this problem!
Any advice on how to get rid of this from internet explorer start up?
Your expertise is appreciated. bones

odd

i have never heard of this before but it could be a virus OR spy-ware norton works with viruses and ad-aware works with spy-ware you can get both of these FREE in google's google pack located at http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
and click on pack at the bottem of the page i hope this works!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of floridabones only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Solution!

Come on guys, help the guy out. It isn't a virus or anything. You shouldn't post random stuff. Everyone needs to know this.

I had that error 2 days ago. That's actually a prank or lie played by the staff at Evidence Eliminator. You're not under high risk investigation. They made you believe you're in big trouble so you can try their $150. They said your isp knows your ip, what country you live, and saying your computer spies on you.

It looks like you got your homepage hijacked into their page error eh? Simply go to your internet options in your control panel. Change the address for your homepage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_Eliminator - read the one on controversy

http://diamond-back.com/icqupdate14.html

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

ATRevolution said:
Come on guys, help the guy out. It isn't a virus or anything. You shouldn't post random stuff. Everyone needs to know this.

That`s a bold statement to make.

For your information, I`ve helped thousands of folks with virus/spyware problems. The fact that floridabones Hasn`t posted back, means I assume, the Instuctions I gave have worked and his problem is resolved.

The fact is, if he`s getting popups, or as you say his homepage has been highjacked, then something`s not right. In my experience this usually indicates some type of infection. However, without seeing an initial HJT log, it`s impossible to tell exactly what type and how many infections are present.

If as you say, It`s a prank played by the Evidence eliminator staff, then it begs the question as to whether Evidence eliminator is the type of programme one should have on ones system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

No virus or infection at all, it's an ad. Ever wondered why sometimes you open IE and you see your homepage has been changed automatically?

I`ve never had my home page changed automatically. However, I don`t use IE, I use Firefox, it`s much better and a hell of a lot more secure.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
I`ve never had my home page changed automatically. However, I don`t use IE, I use Firefox, it`s much better and a hell of a lot more secure.

I second that. :)

howard_hopkinso said:

I double third that!! :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back