Anyone here with a 6800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

I just got mine. Its supposed to be clocked at 350/1000 but according to Rivatuner, Powerstrip and Coolbits its default setting is at 400/1100. Is this an Ultra in discuise? Its being identified as a GT and runs cool. I just got 12000 on 3dMark 03. Did I luck out????

I just installed a BFG 6800Gt OC w/256mb. I can't tell you offhand what my numbers are, but playing games like HL2, Riddick, Farcry and COD:UO have been phenomenal. The only game with an issue so far is BF2. I get a little stutter in the beginning and sporadic chop. I'm working on that issue. When I get a chance I'm going to run fraps and see how it's making out.

How's this card on Doom3?...just curious.

Yep

Mine is a BFG 6800 gt OC 256.
They come overclocked out of the box, though I'm not aware of the numbers.
It is very possible to luck out, but it's not really luck at all.
Check this article "unlocking the 6800".
They go into detail how chips that don't measure up as intended,
don't get tossed, they just become a new series of video card with lower stats.

Mine runs UT2k4 "on very high settings" like melted butter! :hotbounce

Mine is a eVGA and everything Ive read says it should be clocked lower. Guess I'll just have to live with it :)

I've also got a BFG 6800 GT OC and it's clocked at 370/1000. I think the standard 6800 GT is supposed to be 350/1000.

Have two of them in SLI and they purr along at Ultra speeds (400/1.1). Coolbits gets them there easily. and my temps, even in a hot room, on air in a cramped SLI rig never exceed 70c (that is the slot 1 GPU, slot 2 stays at 60c).

from everest

Which number/stats are you guy's reffering to?
ThaNx!

GPU Clock 369 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Real Clock 501 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 1002 MHz
Bandwidth 31.3 GB/s

I have a 6800 GT and i have it overclocked at 415 / 1130 using coolbits and rivatuner. From what i have read so far there is virtually no hardware difference between the ultra and GT except that the GT is clocked significantly less than the ultra and perhaps the difference in yield. Till now my card runs stable and i run everything at the highest eye candy mode keep the card cool and overclock away.

Socrates-
Those are the GPU core speeds and memory speeds. ALso, I have Arctic Cooling NV-5's on each of my 6800GT's. They make a huge difference.

I have the NV5 too. Ive got the core OC'd to 430 and the card jut gets warm. Cool bits says the memory will go to 1160 but I havent tried anything higher yet. With it OC'd I got 12300 on 3dMark 03 and 5757 with 05 and thats with my old Athlon XP processor. Ive ordered an Athlon 64 3200 and Asus mobo so I'll be ready for Prey, Quake 4 and Aftermath.

Merc14 said:
Those are the GPU core speeds and memory speeds.
Being that all the benchie's, sys info prog's and everest seem to give me
serious TMI (too much info).
I assume these are the ones?
Real Clock 501 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 1002 MHz

I'm also lookin into getting a "Arctic Cooling NV-5"
everest tells me my gpu is runin an avarage

GPU 55 °C (131 °F)

GPU Ambient 41 °C (106 °F)

I don't mean to press, just never thought to ask.
I know enuff to get by but like learning more...
ThaNx 4 yer patience!!!

Socrates i actually think that GPU clock which for you is at 369 MHz and your memory clock which is at 1002 Mhz is the ones that we have been talking about so far. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back