Anyone play Desktop Tower Defense?

SNGX1275

I've been playing a bit of this recently. At first I couldn't even beat Easy. Then it took me a while to beat it on Medium. Hard I found incredibly difficult, many times losing before the 15th level, but I finally beat it on Hard with 1 life left. Here is a screenshot of it:
dtd1.jpg

Game can be played here: http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/

If you play and want to see how you did compared to me, Medium and Hard allow you to submit your score to a group. My group is 'sngx1275', feel free to add your scores there. Probably just gave you guys a big hint with that screenshot, oh well.

damn you SNGX, I am officially addicted to this game!!!!

although I must admit I haven't even beat medium yet ;)

when I have a score worth submitting, I will suibmit it. :wave:

just pwned easy, going for medium

lol I play these games all the time on battle.net

edit: got to lvl 45 :( those fast ones are tricky

I beat medium 1st, I got really far into Hard but I died towards the end :(

Good game, my score was pretty good but I didn't get a screenie, if I do get a good score again i'll post it :D

easy mode was well... easy :rolleyes:

medium mode was harder... but still pretty easy ;)

hard mode was very difficult... but I finally beat it tonight :D
(and since I finally got a score worth submitting, I submitted my score to SNGX1275's group ;))

I thought I got a screenie, but I hit the wrong key... so this is the best I can do.
dtd1.JPG

:wave:

My army couldnt handle that

Attachments

• massive.jpg
    massive.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
dtd2.png

Thats on hard with 7 guys left when I won (6252pts). Shouldn't have bothered with 2 of those air defense towers. I put them up after the last non boss wave of flyers made it through, but then when the boss flyers came through they just laughed at me and made it out with about half of their life left. Wish you could micro manage the towers so instead of taking half the life out of each boss, you could just let one by and focus all your power on the other.

Anyone know how they calculate score?

You have to speed up the waves to get a higher score. Use the snap tower to kill the boss flyers. This stops them dead and you probably only need two air defense towers to finish then off (plus the squirt towers).

SNGX1275 said:
How'd you kill the flyers before about level 30 ?
upgraded pellet towers and upgraded squirt towers will take care of the first few rounds of flyers. you don't need swarm towers until the later levels. I had 3 fully upgraded swarm towers which were able to kill off any flyers that were able to get past the pellets and squirts.

there are no swarm towers in that pic because I sold them back after the last swarm/flyer level to finance more squirt tower upgrades. I also had bash towers earlier which work great for the early levels but [even after fully upgraded] don't do very good in the later levels. once a tower is no longer useful I sell it back to get more funds for [more useful] upgrades.

BTW, I was never able to kill the "boss flyers" so I didn't even bother to try. I sold the swarm towers after the last swarm flyer level and just let the boss flyers pass (you only lose 2 lives). I won that game with 12 lives to spare :)

Since peterdiva is destroying everyone, I decided to try Challenge and then choose 100 levels.

Didn't make it to 100 :(
dtdchallenge.jpg

not bad for the first try... I almost matched your score and level!! ;)
DTD100.JPG

I am now going to become re-addicted to this game (until I beat "the 100" or get frustrated and give up... whichever comes first ;))

I've never played it at home, only at work, lol. That was my first attempt at 100 too.

Here is my attempt at changing strategy, didn't work out much better.
fliers.jpg

6298 when I died. Those fliers kill me.

Back