Anyone playing SimCity 3000 Unlimited ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

Any SimCity 3000 Unlimited owners in here?

I just got a chance to play this game today and I was somewhat disappointed: what happened to the high-res closeup of cities? I know the game is old, but I went through my old, '99 PC Gamer magazine and sure enough they had pictures of SimCity 3000 with high-res closeups; the details on building were sharp and you could actually see people. So what happened to the game? Did Maxis decide not to add that feature?

Hey erwin1978,

I too have played it and noticed the lack of the close-ups. Have you ever played the older "Sim Copter " ? It was quite the fun at the time. I never did get a chance to build my own city and fly in it.

They should make a new one with both games tied together. You build your city and then run missions in it with the helicopter. It was very fun and a different twist on the traditional flight sims.

I just wanted to make sure that this disk wasn't a crippled version of the game or I had to download something to enable that feature, but the advertisements sure were misleading. The game doesn't seem as groundbreaking as I once had thought. I've played Gangsters and they have high-res close-ups of the streets. Maxis should've done the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back