Anyone use this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't personally use it, but a friend of mine does have one. He's pretty happy with it. The price is great if you can get it for around $40 at places like newegg.com. I use the tv tuner built into an all-in-wonder radeon 9800 pro, the tv tuner in the radeon is great.

He uses only what came with the card. He doesn't know much about computers, so he just went with the included drivers/software.

I too bought that card recently.

It is working very well, and with the latest version of the software it does everything I'm interested in :)

TV-viewing is fast and easy, as is time-shifting and recording. I do get a bit of lagg if I record, but I've narrowed that down due to use of onboard sound.
Timeshifting has no problem at all.

All in all a card I recommend. Only problem I've had is that the remote control didnt' work, so I had to return the card to get it fixed/a new one. (I couldn't find out if it was just the remote, the infra-red eye, or the connector on the card that was faulty). But I wouldn't use this as an argument against it, as there are allways a couple of faulty cards in a batch.

hey mr garibaldi, thanks for the info. is the lag from the onboard sound just in playback on the comptuer or is it actually part of the recorded file?

Actually, it's neither.

When watching a file you've recorded, there is no problem with anything. Nice and speedy, good sound quality etc.

But when you're recording the program it's laggy like.......

It just becomes too much for your "poor" computer to give the tv-card the cpu cycles it needs to show the tv-show, record the datastream from the tv-card to a harddrive and give enough cpu cycles to the sound codec.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet had the chance to test the card with a proper soundcard, as I didn't find one (yes find) until after I had sent it back for repairs, and it hasn't returned yet.

Hopet this clarifies a bot :)

ah yeah, that makes sense. hey thank's for your recomendation! i think i'm goign to pick this up... now i just need my paycheck to come in. :D

just wanted to say that i've had the card for about 24 hours and can't stop using it. the quality is great and the record features are amazing! thanks for the recomendation.

Glad to see you're enjoying it!

I'm going to pick mine up from the post office in an hour or so... Finally getting it back :)

ATTN MrGaribaldi:

I've been playing with this card and cannont record in MPEG4 (Divx). Is there some sort of codec I need to download and install? I cannot find anything on Leadtek's website.

Hmm..

I've never tried to record to DivX, but from what I've understood, you'll need to have a codec which is capabale of encoding DivX files on your system.
The program does not come with this.

Here you can choose from an AdWare version and regualr pay-for version of the DivX encoding codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back