Anyone using a Daytona GeForce2 MX400 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triom

Anyone ever Used a Daytona Card?

The system I just ordered is powerful, but it uses a Daytona Card from Pilat. Anyone ever heard of the company or used the card?
By the way, the card's architecture is a bit old (GeForce2 MX400) but shouldn't it still be pretty solid?

triom

I've used a Daytona Radeon VE & Radeon 7500. Both times it was having lockups no matter what BIOS the MB had ( ECS K7S5a ) or what drivers I put on it. I replaced it with an Abit GF2MX400 & the PC's been running smoothly eversince. It might be a problem with the Radeon series of cadrs that they have. I haven't tryed an nVIDIA based one.

The Daytona is an nVidia-based caam hoping it's stable. :S
Thanks for the feedback.

triom

AMD XP-1800
512 MB DDRAM
60 GB 7200rpm
Dual Boot Win ME/XP
Daytona GeForce2 MX400 w/TV out
Soundblaster Audigy
And stuff like that ... ;)

It depends on what you want it for.

For good 2D & DVD playback, you can't go wrong with ATI ( & if you don't mind certain driver quircks ;) ). For gaming I'd go with nVIDIA ( allthough as you say the GF2MX400 is kinda old ). Try looking for a GF2TI instead, they're pretty cheap & much more capable then the GF2MX.

Just make sure you tweak your system right so you don't get any "infinite loop" problems & don't be afraid to try the millions of beta drivers out there.

Dayton cards

Hey,

I have used the Dayton cards too by Palit. They are deinately in the budget market. If you aren't looking for the fastest then they are good. Also don't look for regular driver updates like the bigger companies do, but then again you can always use the Nvidia drivers. I haven't ever had any problems with the ones I have installed but then again most people I have installed for are only using them for business apps and do not play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back