AOL 9.0 VPN connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
:evil: Hi everyone
Hope someone can help me out here. This is the first time I have used Techspot so please be patient.
I have recently upgraded to AOL 9.0 and since doing so I am having problems with my VPN connection to my workplace. AOL does not support VPN so I have to connect through Internet Explorer. When I initially connect everything goes fine and I can access my workplace server and use it without any problems, however after a minute or so AOL shuts down and I loose the connection. From what I understand this is due to the modems idle time which is default set to 60 seconds. The modem is a Thompson Speedtouch576. I have looked for this on my system and cant find the driver to change the idle time setting. Its a real pain because it prevents me working from home and I am stuck with it for 1 year as this is the minumum subscription to AOL.
Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

dmarkdixon said:
I have looked for this on my system and cant find the driver to change the idle time setting.
You`ve typed 10.0.0.138 (or whatever it is for speedtouch)into IE and gone into the WAN settings
and you can`t find anything like "maximum idle time" or "disonnect timeout" ?On most routers it`s near
PPPoE password/service name.etc

sorted

Bingo. I followed your suggestions and I dont quite know how but I am now sorted or so it would appear anyway. Thanks very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back