AOL claims speed advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
America Online is expected to announce Tuesday the results of a sponsored research study claiming that its upcoming AOL 9.0 Optimized online service will load Web pages faster than the competition.

Read more: CNet News.

Working for an ISP, AOL has inadvertently been nothing but a pain in my butt. I deal with customers daily that have switched from AOL to the Internet and they believe that AOL *is* the Internet which it is NOT. So when I try to sign up these customers they as questions like "why do I have to sign on under one name? Do I not get more than one screen-name?", "when I connect nothing happens", "Why is MSN coming up when I connect to the Internet!?!?!? I dont want MSN! I signed up with YOU" (I have been literally cussed out because of this once), "why does it not tell me I have email when I sign on?".

AOL also takes the strategy of making people firmly believe that they are an "internet service" by advertising as one. The only "internet service" they provide is access to webpages which in lots of cases webpages won't work from AOL.

I have no mercy for this company and its employees whatsoever. Whenever they go out of business (which will happen in the future, it is inevitable). I will have no pity for lost jobs and sad CEO's because of AOL's stupidity and lies and how they cheat every single person they ever sign up.

Every single person I have spoke to that has had AOL cancels their service and gets billed anyway. I used AOL years ago for about a month and my brother was billed for the next year after I cancelled the service. He thought I was using it so he didn't say anything. Then when he found out I wasn't he tried to get his money back but didn't (no one I know of ever does). This is obviously a very dishonest company that has a purposeful strategy to cheat its customers out of money.

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back